Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air Battery Dies Extremely Fast!

I own an IPad Air that is around 4 years old. In the last few months I have had issues with the battery draining extremely fast! I will plug it in to charge to 100%” and within an hour or less when it reaches around 60%, a black screen with a red battery will appear signaling that the battery needs charging.

I have already tried resetting settings (as well as using lowest screen light, turning off bluetooth, stoping WiFi from running on background apps, etc), rebooting (holding power and home button until logo appear), letting it drain down to the point where that screen appears and trying to charge overnight to 100%. However despite all this I still am experiencing the same issue.

Therfore I am asking doesn’t anyone know how to fix this issue? Otherwise I will end up having to replace It sooner then I have expected, especially were it is an Apple product.

Thanks.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 5:04 PM

Seems to me that it could be time to replace the iPad Air’s battery.

https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 3, 2018 5:08 PM in response to Kathy7671

There are various videos on you tube how to replace batteries inside iPads yourself to save Apple sending you a replacement unit reconditioned but you lose you data stored on your original iPad. It sounds like the battery is dying but you can buy iPad batteries on line if you are happy to do the work yourself to replace the battery pack.

Jun 3, 2018 5:37 PM in response to christinefrommargate

Not a wise idea since you forfeit all future help with your Apple product IF you use a non-Apple authorised, third party repair center or you perform a DIY on a Apple device that is NOT DIY-able.

Apple will either actually replace the battery in the iPad OR, to expedite customer service, offer a replacement iPad ( not confirmed to always be a refurbished iPad ) for $99 U.S.D.

IPad Air Battery Dies Extremely Fast!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.