Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete RAW file from iCloud Photos

I'm having an issue where I can't delete RAW files from my iCloud photo library.

I have many RAW+JPEG images in my iCloud Photo library and my method that I've been trying is to export the unmodified originals to my hard drive and then delete the files from Photos on my Mac. Then I wait for iCloud Photo Library to sync. But when I re-import the JPEG files to my Photos library it re-imports the RAW file from iCloud. I have tried many different methods but every time it seems to re-download the RAW file. So I can never get rid of them.

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 5:26 AM

Yes. I wait until the deleted photos is synced across all iCloud. I’ve even waited overnight. The RAW file still comes back after.

And you emptied the Recently Deleted album as well? It ha to be empty in iCloud before you reimport the JPEG.

6 replies

Jul 2, 2018 1:03 AM in response to LarryHN

Yes, I understand that it’s better to only import the version you want but I now have the RAW files in Photos and I want to get rid of them.

I’ve tried the method you linked to above but what I’m saying is that once I reimport the JPEG file to Photos then it re-downloads the RAW file from iCloud.

Jul 2, 2018 1:03 AM in response to LarryHN

Yes. I wait until the deleted photos is synced across all iCloud. I’ve even waited overnight. The RAW file still comes back after.

Delete RAW file from iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.