Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro - can't add Photos library

When I try and add Photos library to Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro it says 'items already excluded from scanning' and suggests I change preferences. I went to preferred (they gave me the link) and have deleted library from excluded list but I still can't add the library.

any ideas anyone?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 3:24 AM

2 replies

Jun 4, 2018 9:47 AM in response to sarafeilden

I would be careful using that app if it automatically deleted the duplicate photos from the library. That's a recipe for disaster. I've not been able to test it as it doesn't have a demo version to try.

If I were you I'd create a test library and import a number of duplicated photos into it. Then run DPFP on it and verify that it is safe to use. Some duplicate finding apps just move the dups to the Trash bin without modifying the library's database. This is what kills libraries.

Those are the apps that I've been able to test:

These applications will identify and assist you in removing duplicate photos from a Photos Library:

PowerPhotos is the iPhoto Library Manager version for Photos and is very powerful. Although more expensive I would recommend it as it has more capabilities than the others like the capability to merge Photos libraries or copy photos along with their metadata between libraries.

PhotoSweeper compares bitmaps and/or histograms so it can detect duplicate images even if they have different sizes, file names, sizes and capture dates.

User uploaded file

Jun 4, 2018 3:07 PM in response to sarafeilden

for support with third party software contact their support team - that is an issue with their software not with the Photos Application

and be very careful as third party duplicate software may damage or destroy your library or your Mac - Using third-party apps to remove duplicate photos might damage your Photos for macOS library - Apple Support

PowerPhotos, Duplicate Annihilator for Photos and PhotoSweeper for Photos have been tested by users here and are safe, I would not personally use any untested program and particularly would not use one that does not even work with Photos

LN

Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro - can't add Photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.