Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not showing up in airplay after many reboots

I have rebooted my HomePod many times and it still isn’t showing up in airplay. I also have updated It. It is appearing in the home app, and In the to stream music from my iPhone to it, but there used to be an option to select the homepod on in airplay, so I could play music on it and also play music on my iPhone seperatly. Can anyone help??

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 1:28 PM

Same here. After initial setup, everything works. After time, usually a day, no HomePod in AirPlay. It responds to Hey Siri and I tap on it and it plays. Sometimes it shows in AirPlay after I tap on it, but I can't control the music. Weird.

"Remove" the HomePod and reconnect is the only option that gets it back. Today it was so disconnected from Apple TV, iPhone, that I had to reset all 3 HomePods to factory setting, and add them back.

Seems to be happening daily. Some network connection or device sleep issue. It might be when I leave, go off network, then come home and try to reconnect.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2018 1:28 PM in response to broadwaygirl_84

Same here. After initial setup, everything works. After time, usually a day, no HomePod in AirPlay. It responds to Hey Siri and I tap on it and it plays. Sometimes it shows in AirPlay after I tap on it, but I can't control the music. Weird.

"Remove" the HomePod and reconnect is the only option that gets it back. Today it was so disconnected from Apple TV, iPhone, that I had to reset all 3 HomePods to factory setting, and add them back.

Seems to be happening daily. Some network connection or device sleep issue. It might be when I leave, go off network, then come home and try to reconnect.

HomePod not showing up in airplay after many reboots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.