You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get a SCSI to USB or Firewire to USB adapter.

Need adapters for SCSI to USB and Firewire to USB to access legacy storage devices. Know a good supplier?

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 8:52 AM

5 replies

Jun 5, 2018 9:40 AM in response to Joe D 926

Welcome Joe

With a "where" question, can you give us a rough idea of where you are geographically? These are truly international forums and we would do you a disservice to recommend a vendor who cannot or will not ship to your location.

It may also help to more precisely identify the legacy storage devices and the device to which your wish to connect them. That is in the event something brand- or type-specific is involved. Remember there are both FireWire 400 and FW 800 devices, each with unique connectors. More info is always good!

Jun 6, 2018 7:39 AM in response to Joe D 926

NE Pa.

Excellent. Thanks, Joe.

Other World Computing is my first stop for odd Mac needs. I'd start here (this link should return search results for "cables"):

Apple Mac Upgrades - RAM, SSD Flash, External Drives and More

Try other search strings if needed. Newegg has also been useful for odd cabling.

SCSI may be harder. Is it the MO drive that is SCSI? What computer are you connecting to? At least with Apple, their progressive deprecation of what they consider legacy ports has made it hard to guess what ports are still available without knowing the sub-model. "iMac" is too broad but "Late 2012" iMac is spot-on for our learning what ports you have available for the project.

Where can I get a SCSI to USB or Firewire to USB adapter.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.