📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix a Disabled iPhone SE

I have a phone se that has a disabled message on the screen and says to hook it to the computer. but when I hook it to the computer. the computer says it needs a password. but there is no were to enter one on the computer or phone

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 10:33 PM

Follow the instructions here, If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

It includes what to do if you see the phone ask for a passcode. You need to use Recovery Mode.

4 replies

Jun 5, 2018 6:54 AM in response to jimmyfromredmond

I understand that you forgot the passcode, or tried to enter the phone without using one. The only way to get past the device being disabled is to use the instructions in the support document that I provided. If it is still asking for a passcode, then you have not successfully gotten the device into Recovery Mode. It may take more than one attempt to do that. If you cannot get it done, then make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store to get assistance.

How to fix a Disabled iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.