Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook iPhoto wont Sync iPhone 5s photos older than "recent"

I have a macbook pro running on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12. i am currently running into problems trying to sync photos from my iPhone 5s (running with 10.3.3 update)... and i have over 1800 photos that i can't get off my phone which keeps dying because it is TOO FULL! i am trying to sync them to my mac so that i can free up some space on my phone to have more than just the bare bone essential apps. I have had to delete numerous important ones too just to make room. As soon as i have my iPhone connected everything syncs. iPhoto does have the option to open all recent photos from this iPhone & the option to press "import selected" or "import all" are there on the top of the screen, but i can't press them. they arent able to be selected. it id sync my most recent. 3 pictures. now i have 1797 to go!

Has anyone else encountered this!!! This is quite frustrating. Please Help!!... I tried a couple of the other suggestions with people who encountered similar issues & tried to sign out & sign back in on my devices of my iTunes account from my system preferences. That did not work for this issue.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 4, 2018 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 5:07 AM

With your iPhone connected to your Mac with its USB cable launch Image Capture. With IC you can download to a folder on the Desktop all of the photos and videos on your iPhone. Once you've verified that all of your photos/videos are safely on the HD you can then delete all or selected photos/videos from your iPhone.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2018 5:07 AM in response to chris8804

With your iPhone connected to your Mac with its USB cable launch Image Capture. With IC you can download to a folder on the Desktop all of the photos and videos on your iPhone. Once you've verified that all of your photos/videos are safely on the HD you can then delete all or selected photos/videos from your iPhone.

User uploaded file

Jun 4, 2018 10:34 PM in response to chris8804

You are using old software. Some versions you mention might be OK, but there's one ...:

• Your iPhone 5S is using iOS 10.3.3. It could run the current version (iOS 11.4).
  • Your Mac is running MacOS Sierra 10.12. It could be running the current version (High Sierra 10.13.5).

But the one old piece of software you mention is iPhoto on the Mac. iPhoto was discontinued in April 2015 with the release of OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Photos has since been the primary photo-management application on the Mac, and the primary source of interface to iOS devices.

I don't know for sure that this is the source of your issue, but I strongly suggest you keep current with all your software. While you're at it, be certain you're using a current version of iTunes (12.7.5 at the moment).

Should you choose to update, be certain to convert your photos from iPhoto to Photos, and then instruct iTunes to sync your iPhone to Photos.

Upgrade to macOS High Sierra - Official Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Macbook iPhoto wont Sync iPhone 5s photos older than "recent"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.