Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes does not find ipod

I have installed itunes on my win10 pc from the app store. When I plug in my iphone 5 itunes recognises it. But Itunes does not recognise either of my ipods. The ipods are found by windows explorer, and work normally with mediamonkey.

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 8:49 AM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2018 12:26 PM in response to g4oep

Hi, I just went trough all of the steps a number of times. I uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times without success. I saw your post and the info below it. I clicked on the link and saw that it was for the same info I tried many times. I decided to scroll down a bit to the section that says "If you downloaded Itunes from Apple" and I followed the instructions by installing the .inf file, restarted my laptop and when it started back up I plugged in my Ipod and it works fine now!

If you downloaded iTunes from Apple

Follow these steps to reinstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver:

1. Disconnect your device from your computer.
  2. Unlock your iOS device and go to the Home screen. Then reconnect your device. If iTunes opens, close it.
  3. Press the Windows and R key on your keyboard to open the Run command.
  4. In the Run window, enter:
    %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  5. Click OK.
  6. Right-click on the
    usbaapl64.inf
    or
    usbaapl.inf
    file and choose Install.
    User uploaded file
    You might see other files that start with
    usbaapl64
    or
    usbaapl
    . Make sure to install the file that ends in .inf. If you’re not sure which file to install, right-click a blank area in the File Explorer Window, click View, then click Details to find the correct file type. You want to install the Setup Information file.
  7. Disconnect your device from your computer, then restart your computer.
  8. Reconnect your device and open iTunes.

Try it out! Hope this helps!

itunes does not find ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.