Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sign out, is grayed out

Why is the sign out button for iCloud grey out?

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 8:25 AM

I had to make a new post, because the old one is inactive and without and answer.. I was having this problem, after setting up a new phone from an iCloud backup.. After the phone was setup, I wanted to use a new iCloud account.. but the sign out button was greyed out..

Turns out, if u go to Settings > the iCloud account > iCloud > backup > the status said, “Restoring apps from Backup”. There is an option to cancel this, or wait for it to be done. One the restoration was completed, the ‘Sign out’ button was then enabled. I then signed out successfully.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2018 8:25 AM in response to Tox.in.a.tux

I had to make a new post, because the old one is inactive and without and answer.. I was having this problem, after setting up a new phone from an iCloud backup.. After the phone was setup, I wanted to use a new iCloud account.. but the sign out button was greyed out..

Turns out, if u go to Settings > the iCloud account > iCloud > backup > the status said, “Restoring apps from Backup”. There is an option to cancel this, or wait for it to be done. One the restoration was completed, the ‘Sign out’ button was then enabled. I then signed out successfully.

iCloud sign out, is grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.