Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Rules

I have used email rules to immediately delete certain email senders (spam messages) and the rules are not working. What do I need to do please?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Numbers 3.2.2; PAGES 5.2.2

Posted on Jun 7, 2018 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Eric, I found this -

To block email addresses from Apple IOS 8 iPhone

To block email addresses from Apple IOS 8 iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, use the following procedure-

Tap "From", and choose "Create Contact", "New".

Jot down the name and email address, or remember the sender's info. If you forget, open the email, and tap "From".

Next open "Settings", and scroll down to "Face Time".

Tap "Face Time", and scroll to the bottom, and tap "Blocked".

Scroll to the bottom (if you have other blocked phone numbers or addresses), and tap "Add New", and "Contacts" opens.

Tap the Contact you want to block, and you're done.

Tap the back arrow twice, and you're back to the main "Settings" page.

It is long and cumbersome (surely Apple can do better!), however it does work.

Thanks for your help!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2018 3:01 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, I found this -

To block email addresses from Apple IOS 8 iPhone

To block email addresses from Apple IOS 8 iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, use the following procedure-

Tap "From", and choose "Create Contact", "New".

Jot down the name and email address, or remember the sender's info. If you forget, open the email, and tap "From".

Next open "Settings", and scroll down to "Face Time".

Tap "Face Time", and scroll to the bottom, and tap "Blocked".

Scroll to the bottom (if you have other blocked phone numbers or addresses), and tap "Add New", and "Contacts" opens.

Tap the Contact you want to block, and you're done.

Tap the back arrow twice, and you're back to the main "Settings" page.

It is long and cumbersome (surely Apple can do better!), however it does work.

Thanks for your help!

Jun 8, 2018 8:38 AM in response to dogwood100

Have you tried deleting the rules and then adding them back? Are any of your email rules working? Try creating a new rule as a test and see if it works. If you would take a screen shot of a rule that isn't working and post it in a reply, someone may be able to suggest changes. Make sure you cover any personal information using Preview. Post the screen shot in a Reply using the camera icon or you can drag the screen shot into a reply. Copy and paste doesn't work.

Screen shots

Jun 9, 2018 2:21 PM in response to Eric Root

Hello Eric - thank you for your suggestion about any rules working.....with further investigation I find the rules seem to be working, at least now. I may have been confused by the fact that I have my mail duplicated on my Macbook and iPhone. The rules work on the MacBook and are totally ignored on my iPhone. Is there a way to mimic the rules to the iPhone? Thank you again!

Email Rules

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.