Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Public Playlist on Apple Music

I have created several playlists. I would like to make one playlist public, so that a friend can use it at a party. Apple Support says I should be able to edit the playlist and switch the toggle to "Make Public" or something similar. However, when I edit the playlist, there is no toggle anywhere on the screen. I've restarted Apple Music and my iPhone. What else can I do? Thanks!

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 1:59 PM

Hello raspberryswirl7,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you have created a playlist you would like to make public using Apple Music. I would be happy to help.

Let's start by confirming that you are set up to share music with friends following the steps here:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music - Apple Support

Specifically, use the steps in this section:

Start sharing

In the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC, go to For You, then tap or click on your profile icon User uploaded file or photo. In the Apple Music app on an Android phone, tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner, then tap your photo or Apple ID. Then follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap "Start Sharing with Friends," then tap Get Started.

Once you have started sharing, tap Edit on your Profile page. You should then be able to select the playlists you would like to share. You can also edit and share a playlist by following the steps here:

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

To make a playlist public, turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" as seen here:

User uploaded file

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 1:59 PM in response to raspberryswirl7

Hello raspberryswirl7,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you have created a playlist you would like to make public using Apple Music. I would be happy to help.

Let's start by confirming that you are set up to share music with friends following the steps here:

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music - Apple Support

Specifically, use the steps in this section:

Start sharing

In the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC, go to For You, then tap or click on your profile icon User uploaded file or photo. In the Apple Music app on an Android phone, tap the menu icon User uploaded file in the upper-left corner, then tap your photo or Apple ID. Then follow these steps:

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap "Start Sharing with Friends," then tap Get Started.

Once you have started sharing, tap Edit on your Profile page. You should then be able to select the playlists you would like to share. You can also edit and share a playlist by following the steps here:

Create and share playlists - Apple Support

To make a playlist public, turn on "Show on My Profile and in Search" as seen here:

User uploaded file

Cheers!

Public Playlist on Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.