Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ear hits speaker when on call

My ear hits the speaker button when I am on a call switching my calls to speaker. How do i stop this from happening?

iPhone 4, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 8:45 AM

Your proximity sensor is not working properly.

When you move your device close to your hear, that sensor should detect the movement, the screen should become black and inactive. When you move your device away fro you ear, the screen should come back and be active.

If you don't have any case and or screen protector that can obstruct (interfere with) the sensor (above the earpiece), have your iphone inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 8:45 AM in response to jennyfromstittsville

Your proximity sensor is not working properly.

When you move your device close to your hear, that sensor should detect the movement, the screen should become black and inactive. When you move your device away fro you ear, the screen should come back and be active.

If you don't have any case and or screen protector that can obstruct (interfere with) the sensor (above the earpiece), have your iphone inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Ear hits speaker when on call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.