Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Touch Bar Not Lighting Up?

MacBook Pro Touch Bar has stopped lighting up.

The Touch Bar functionality is still responsive to touch, as is the touchid fingerprint button to the right of the Touch Bar, but the Touch Bar does NOT light up. You can tap right side of the touch bar to use the Siri function, or tap the other stock locations for volume mute, brightness adjustment, volume level change, etc.

Troubleshooting done.

- Checked All Keyboard Settings, Power Saver Settings, any Setting involving the keyboard, power, etc.

- Reset SMC, Reset PRAM, Reset NVRAM.

- Performed Restart then COMMAND+R Disk Utility, Formatted Hard Drive and Reinstalled macOS.

Still Not Lighting Up? MacBook has never had any physical damage or any malicious software.

Now formatted to new with most updated macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 ( done on June 10th, 2018 )

Any help would be very appreciated, laptop MSRP over $2000, after over a decade of loving Apple products, this is my first disappointment and unfortunately on the most expensive Apple product I have purchased to date.

Macbook Pro 2016 13" Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports

macOS Hight Sierra 10.13.5

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 12:14 AM

Update.

Visted Apple Store after every published troubleshoot for this error and here is the outcome.

Diagnosis, no physical damage, but unfortunately " Bad Touch Bar Backlight "

$375+$100 for parts and labor. MacBook overnighted out of state for repair and should be returned within 1-2 weeks.

Sad experience, my recommendation, buy Apple Care with your MacBook Pro.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2018 12:14 AM in response to sterling r

Update.

Visted Apple Store after every published troubleshoot for this error and here is the outcome.

Diagnosis, no physical damage, but unfortunately " Bad Touch Bar Backlight "

$375+$100 for parts and labor. MacBook overnighted out of state for repair and should be returned within 1-2 weeks.

Sad experience, my recommendation, buy Apple Care with your MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro Touch Bar Not Lighting Up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.