Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PPC architecture - Monolingual woes

White trying to save space on my MacBook Pro, I deleted the PPC architecture using Monolingual in addition to several languages I would never use. Then the following happened -

1. Office 2004 stopped working - uninstalled it and cannot re-install it - installation icon just bounces on dock and quits.
2. Photoshop CS3 - Installs but icon just bounces and does not open

Is there any way to restore the PPC architecture without having to re-install OS X all over again ?

If I do start re-installing (last case scenario), can I directly upgrade from 10.4.5 to the existing 10.4.8 or do I have to download each and every update ?

MacBook Pro 15" Mac OS X (10.4.8) 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB SDRAM

Posted on Feb 4, 2007 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2007 8:19 AM

Big mistake. By doing what you've done there's no alternative but to erase and install. There is no recovery (as the warning said when you used Monolingual.)

You can directly upgrade to 10.4.8 by simply downloading the 10.4.8 Combo (Intel) updater from Apple's download site. Or just run Software Update. It will provide all the required updates including 10.4.8 Combo updater.

Why reward points?(Quoted from Discussions Terms of Use.)
The reward system helps to increase community participation. When a community member gives you (or another member) a reward for providing helpful advice or a solution to their question, your accumulated points will increase your status level within the community.
Members may reward you with 5 points if they deem that your reply is helpful and 10 points if you post a solution to their issue. Likewise, when you mark a reply as Helpful or Solved in your own created topic, you will be awarding the respondent with the same point values.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2007 8:19 AM in response to Konark

Big mistake. By doing what you've done there's no alternative but to erase and install. There is no recovery (as the warning said when you used Monolingual.)

You can directly upgrade to 10.4.8 by simply downloading the 10.4.8 Combo (Intel) updater from Apple's download site. Or just run Software Update. It will provide all the required updates including 10.4.8 Combo updater.

Why reward points?(Quoted from Discussions Terms of Use.)
The reward system helps to increase community participation. When a community member gives you (or another member) a reward for providing helpful advice or a solution to their question, your accumulated points will increase your status level within the community.
Members may reward you with 5 points if they deem that your reply is helpful and 10 points if you post a solution to their issue. Likewise, when you mark a reply as Helpful or Solved in your own created topic, you will be awarding the respondent with the same point values.

PPC architecture - Monolingual woes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.