Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to change my Country/Region?

Google Assistant is NOT available in my country (Philippines). I need the app badly but it doesn't appear on the App Store. I've read articles like changing app store country/region to US for this app to be available. is it safe? or apple will block my device? thank you for your answers.

I am using iPhone 7 plus

iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Jun 11, 2018 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2018 7:05 PM

You need payment in the country of the Store you wish to use. So if you have a US credit card with a US billing street address, yes, you can change regions and buy from the USA App Store. Otherwise, even if you change regions, you will not be able to actually purchase anything from the USA store.

There is nothing illegal about using another country’s App Store. But since payment must be made with a local method of payment, you cannot do so if you don’t have an address and payment method for the country you wish to use.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2018 7:05 PM in response to renzel273

You need payment in the country of the Store you wish to use. So if you have a US credit card with a US billing street address, yes, you can change regions and buy from the USA App Store. Otherwise, even if you change regions, you will not be able to actually purchase anything from the USA store.

There is nothing illegal about using another country’s App Store. But since payment must be made with a local method of payment, you cannot do so if you don’t have an address and payment method for the country you wish to use.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Is it safe to change my Country/Region?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.