Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari password

Following a Safari update I cannot access passwords in Safari

How do I find my Safari password

Ipad, iPhone OS 3.1.3, Ipad

Posted on Jun 12, 2018 3:27 AM

21 replies

Jun 14, 2018 6:40 AM in response to obmijyadnum

Either contact in apple support ( consult senior advisors ) , I doubt your are having iCloud verification code in your records , and try this method .

As your admin password is not kept same as keychain password .To change it -

For login password - open keychain access - click on login , right click on it and click on delete keychain login and click on delete references , restart the Mac and then add a new key chain see this article Delete a keychain in Keychain Access on Mac - Apple Support

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

But you already wrote in the thread that notes are not syncing with iCloud Keychain ( setting of iCloud Keychain and login keychain is different ) .

The iCloud verification code can be changed / set with the help of an iOS device and your current Mac .Make sure you must all of your Apple ID , webmail address and their respective passwords with you as they will got all emptied , wireless network password that is kept same as base station password ( if you are using airport express )

See this method -

Enter with the same Apple ID and password in Mac and iOS device .

In iOS device go to settings > iCloud > Keychain set up a passcode and write down the code in a safe place .see this articleUse a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Only follow the paragraph in the article how to generate passcode .

Then follow this article Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

See the paragraph of how to set up iCloud keychain in this article .

The 4 th point -

Follow the onscreen instructions.

These steps are not mentioned in the article , you have to follow the steps by itself and has to take help of apple support senior advisor only .

A lengthy procedure is there and click on request for approval , you have to generate a new iCloud security code by typing in iOS screen example 6785 , and write down in safe place so that it will always help in future if any iCloud Keychain problems come .

The box of keychain in iCloud will get checked but still an error will be shown unable to connect to iCloud , open options button in front of keychain check the box of allow approving with security code but you will notice the trusted mobile number of yours is not being added .

Try this method if you are fortunate and understand each step , as this is very difficult you can set both login keychain and iCloud Keychain .

Otherwise I would recommend to install the os see this article How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Jun 12, 2018 5:23 AM in response to obmijyadnum

By default, password pane of Safari preferences is locked.

You have to enter your login password to unlock it.

That is your login password, the password that you use to login to your account.

If you forgot your password:

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202860

Reset your Mac login password

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-your-mac-login-password-mh35902/m ac

Jun 16, 2018 7:06 AM in response to obmijyadnum

Do you have I cloud verification code in your records , if it is yes it can help , there are various methods of setting login keychain ( you can create a new login keychain in recovery mode also , but every time iCloud verification code is required ) .

Did you tried to follow the above steps .

I would suggest you to contact with apple support senior advisors , they will set your keychain easily see this link Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2018 6:03 AM in response to obmijyadnum

The issue you are facing is nothing to do with the version of Mac , sometimes login keychain or iCloud keychain gets corrupted , and thats the reason notes , contacts ... will not sync and you have to set up both login keychain and iCloud Keychain .

Using chrome is the the choice of the user , but when system keychain gets corrupted you have to follow the steps to rectify it .

Safari password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.