Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple copies of same audiobook

hello i downloaded some audio-books from the pottermore website which come as an mp3 so i add them to itunes then click on album info and change to audiobook(it puts it in music) but when i look in audiobooks it has 15 copies(it only has 1 in music) but if i delete one it deletes all of them can i somehow place straight into audiobooks? or is there anything else i can do?

p.s where is the audiobook folder location i thought i might be able to change it to download to that location but it doesn't appear to be there

Posted on Jun 12, 2018 10:01 AM

11 replies

Jun 12, 2018 1:50 PM in response to ipad2gunner

1. Download the script from this direct link AudiobookSortName (right-click and use download, save as, or a similar option in your browser.
  2. Select the audiobook chapters to fix using Ctrl+A to select all when they are in view.
  3. Run the script by double clicking on it.
  4. Follow the prompts issued by the script.
  5. Change to a different view, like Music, and then go back to Audiobooks. (iTunes won't refresh the view automatically after the fix is applied, so we're using another workaround.)
  6. There should now be one cover for each book.

See also Audiobooks on iPods. Re-ripping is unlikely to help unless you're prepared to convert everything to a single file because this is a problem with the way current versions of iTunes handle metadata for multi-track audiobooks.

tt2

Jun 12, 2018 3:45 PM in response to ipad2gunner

Interesting. I just downloaded MalwareBytes to see what it made of the source file at my end and it was happy with it, so I downloaded a copy from my website and scanned that too without a problem. As the author of the script I'm hardly impartial, and .vba scripts could potentially be misused just like any other program so you're wise to think twice. Would you be able to take a screenshot of the warning message that I'm not seeing and post it here? I'd like to know more. 😕

tt2

Jun 17, 2018 2:46 PM in response to ipad2gunner

In Authors view select the book and enter "command + I".

In the pop-up interface there will be several tabs.

Choose "Sorting" tab.

Copy information in the "title" window and paste in the "sort as" window below it and another "sort as" window under "chapter".

Copy information in the"author" window" and paste it in the "sort as" window below it.

Click "OK". When you return to the regular audiobooks view you should see only one copy of the book.

multiple copies of same audiobook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.