Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture + noise ninja?

I'm shooting RAW with an S2-PRO and am experiencing a lot of noise in the shadows, including annoying linear patterns. I tried my best to eliminate it with aperture's noise tools with no success. Finally resorted to a round trip to photoshop and noise ninja more or less fixed the problem. My question is, will aperture support noise ninja as a plug-in someday? Duplicating masters with round trips seems crazy with the excellent file management that aperture has. Please consider it aperture? Thanks. Yes, this is my first post!

Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5, Mac OS X (10.4.8), 3.5 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 4, 2007 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2007 10:00 AM

I think the following URL is the best place to lodge your request to make sure it's received by the tech staff: http://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html.
4 replies

Feb 4, 2007 2:07 PM in response to gaffco

I'm shooting RAW with an S2-PRO and am experiencing a
lot of noise in the shadows, including annoying
linear patterns. I tried my best to eliminate it
with aperture's noise tools with no success. Finally
resorted to a round trip to photoshop and noise ninja
more or less fixed the problem. My question is, will
aperture support noise ninja as a plug-in someday?
Duplicating masters with round trips seems crazy
with the excellent file management that aperture
has. Please consider it aperture? Thanks. Yes,
this is my first post!

I hope so. Aperture NR works well for most of my images, but recently I had to resort to what you described. Noise Ninja saved the day. Any time I don't have to store a full Photoshop image I'm grateful.

Aperture + noise ninja?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.