Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport extreme A1521 blinking amber problem

Hello and thanks for any help. My problem is when I connect the modem to the A1521 WAN port I dont get wifi. When I connect the modem to the A1521 ethernet port I do get wifi but the light blinks amber. When I run Airport Utility the amber status is 1. ethernet unplugged , 2. internet connection, and 3. no DNS servers. How can I get a solid green light? Thanks again.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 6:25 AM

10 replies

Jun 13, 2018 7:47 AM in response to Maha66

OK, thanks for the additional information. Please follow the instructions below carefully.

Power off the modem completely by turning it off and then pull the power cord from the back of the modem or pull the power supply from the from the wall AC jack.

Leave the modem powered off for at least 30 minutes. Longer will not hurt at all.

During the time that the modem is powered off.....

Power up the AirPort Extreme and let it run for a few minutes.....if it is not already on

Hold in the reset button on the back of the AirPort Extreme for 7-8 seconds and release. The reset button is located next to the power cord jack.

Allow a full minute for the AirPort Extreme to restart to a slow blinking amber light status

Power off the AirPort Extreme by pulling the power cord from the back of the device or pulling the power cord from the wall AC jack

After the modem has been powered off for at least 30 minutes......

Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Extreme

Power up the modem and let it run by itself for 4-5 minutes

Power up the AirPort Extreme and let it run a few minutes

Click on the WiFi menu at the top of the Mac's screen and look for a listing of New AirPort Base Station.

Just under that listing, click directly on AirPort Extreme

User uploaded file

When you click on AirPort Extreme, that will start up the AirPort Utility setup "wizard"

Follow the prompts to set up the AirPort Extreme again.

You can use the same device name, wireless network name and password that you used before, or you can set up new names and passwords.

Assuming that the new AirPort Extreme is functioning correctly, your network will be functioning correctly now as well.

Airport extreme A1521 blinking amber problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.