Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

control center options won't expand

Just bought iphone 8. My control center wont expand when i hold brightness, music, screen mirroring and wifi/hotspot down. All these work on my 5S i just switched from. I've restarted my phone as one post on here suggested and it still doesn't work. Is this an 11.4 update issue or somehow an issue with my brand new phone?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 5:53 AM

I can see that the question was solved, but I feel a better explanation can help you with this in the future. iPhone 8 uses something called '3D Touch'. This allows you to press on the display using different degrees of pressure to reveal content previews, actions (so in your case the different options on your control center), and contextual menus. Your iPhone 5s does not have this function so using the control center on that device is a little different. You can find more information about changing the sensitivity of 3D Touch on your device this via the link below.

Change 3D Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2018 5:53 AM in response to kmilli03

I can see that the question was solved, but I feel a better explanation can help you with this in the future. iPhone 8 uses something called '3D Touch'. This allows you to press on the display using different degrees of pressure to reveal content previews, actions (so in your case the different options on your control center), and contextual menus. Your iPhone 5s does not have this function so using the control center on that device is a little different. You can find more information about changing the sensitivity of 3D Touch on your device this via the link below.

Change 3D Touch sensitivity on your iPhone - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

control center options won't expand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.