Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the limit of characters on imessage?

I recently sent a huge message, when I tried to re read it, from the conversation screen there is only part of it, if I click the message it would expand, after scrolling down all the way i’m still missing the ending of it maybe a quarter of it. My question is, does the person received the full text? Why I cannot read the whole thing myself? Is there a limit on characters?

if you must know the person is an ex so im not going to ask her if she got the full message!

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 3:28 PM

I found this online when I searched for the character limit -

The character limit on iMessages is somewhat nebulous. There is no official character limit, although some users have received error messages when approaching 20,000 characters. If an iMessage is being sent to a non-Apple phone, the message will be truncated at 160 characters, like a traditional SMS text.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2018 3:28 PM in response to juansiu

I found this online when I searched for the character limit -

The character limit on iMessages is somewhat nebulous. There is no official character limit, although some users have received error messages when approaching 20,000 characters. If an iMessage is being sent to a non-Apple phone, the message will be truncated at 160 characters, like a traditional SMS text.

What is the limit of characters on imessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.