Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Login Not Working

Hello

The Apple ID login not working issue has recently affected a family members Apple products.

Based on searches I've done, this is a well known issue and has been around for a few years.

I have searched for a fix for this issue and have yet to find one.

I'm hoping someone here can provide one.

These are the only 2 Apple products that the person has.

MacBook Air. Basically brand new..bought 4 months ago.

iPad. I think about 2yrs old.

Both devices are used in home only and use same network/Wi-fi.

The OS on the MBA is current.

It was just updated yesterday.

The OS on the iPad is not current, probably a couple versions behind.

Cannot log into iMessage, FaceTime or iTunes using Apple ID on either of the devices.

This person does not use iCloud at all and as far as I know, has never registered with iCloud.

Not sure when this login issue began but, I do know that FaceTime was used on the MBA a couple of month's ago.

When the attempt is made to login, a message appears saying something is unavailable and to try again.

I've forgotten what the exact wording of the message is and I'm no longer at this person's location to try the login process to see exactly what the message says.

This is what I have tried.

Attempted many logins.

The Apple ID and password are not an issue as I was able to use them to login at the appleid.apple.com site.

I shutdown/restarted the MBA multiple times.

Did the uncheck/check set date and time automatically thing.

The date and time settings are correct.

The Wi-Fi connection is good and was connected at the time.

Haven't done the reset NVRAM thing as I don't want to get into things like that and from what I've read, that doesn't solve the issue anyway.

Short of creating a new Apple ID which I don't want to do as that would require setting up a new third party email address and I'm not sure if that would even fix the issue, has a known fix for this issue been found?

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 9:28 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 18, 2018 9:40 AM in response to P Fleming

Messages – Can’t log in

Messages – Can’t log in 2

Messages - If you can‘t sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Jun 18, 2018 4:35 PM in response to Eric Root

I think I now understand what you are saying about computers being blacklisted.

I take it you meant other people in general, and that this issue might be due to their computer being blacklisted for whatever reason prior to having the login problem.

I have a question about this statement I found:

Your Apple ID can have up to 10 devices and computers (combined) associated with it. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID. Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer:

If I attempt to use my family member's Apple ID on my MBA and it works, does that then mean I will not be able to use my Apple ID on my MBA for 90 days?

Jun 18, 2018 7:00 PM in response to Eric Root

I don't use or have an account with iCloud so, I won't be going that route.

Not sure if I want to attempt using my family member's Apple ID on my MBA at this time either as I'm not sure if that will cause problems for me with my Apple ID on my MBA.

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out to see if a simple fix for this problem is provided by Apple.

It's hard to believe that one hasn't been provided yet by Apple for a known longstanding issue.

If a known fix isn't provided by the next time I see the person with the login issue, then I'll use their Apple ID on my MBA or, my ID on their's and see what happens.

Thank you for your suggestions and help.

Apple ID Login Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.