Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone isn’t working with call a inmate

I have tryed to answer my love one for a jail and it will not allow my phone too

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 5:20 PM

Are you receiving the call, or initiating it? Most prisons allow inmates to make outgoing collect calls, which you should be able to accept unless your carrier or your specific cell service doesn’t allow collect calls on your account (e.g. most prepaid services won’t allow you to accept collect calls unless you’ve given them some form of payment beforehand).

If you’re the one making the call, then you should contact the jail or prison and make sure you know and underatand how their incoming call system for inmates works.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2018 5:20 PM in response to Brady14386

Are you receiving the call, or initiating it? Most prisons allow inmates to make outgoing collect calls, which you should be able to accept unless your carrier or your specific cell service doesn’t allow collect calls on your account (e.g. most prepaid services won’t allow you to accept collect calls unless you’ve given them some form of payment beforehand).

If you’re the one making the call, then you should contact the jail or prison and make sure you know and underatand how their incoming call system for inmates works.

Jun 18, 2018 1:35 PM in response to Brady14386

It is very possible that this is a restriction of the calling devices that the jail is using? Have you asked them? Many have been used to doing collect calls on wireline phones, and with the advent of cellular devices, many require you have some type of credit card system setup to handle the call costs. The best thing you can do is contact the jail to ask about how their system works.

My phone isn’t working with call a inmate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.