Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone

I am using Iphone 6 plus. My brother got it in Japan for me. The phone was working fine until I have restored it factory default last Saturday. The phone pop up with the message, "Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone" when I start the phone and when I set it up manually the phone displays the sim not supported message. Does anyone faced similar problem. Can this be fixed? Help needed.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 19, 2018 6:50 PM

14 replies

Jun 19, 2018 7:09 PM in response to Ash198923

It’s locked to some carrier (presumably a Japanese carrier). If you’ve been using it as unlocked, it wasn’t. It was hacked to act as unlocked and the restore has now removed the hack and reset it back to its carrier unlocked status.

You would need to contact the carrier to get it properly and permanently unlocked. If you call Apple support, they may be able to tell you which carrier holds the lock in that iphone so you can contact the carrier and ask about getting it unlocked.

Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.