Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how open exe.psh files?

how do I open an exe.psh file?

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2018 6:00 AM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2018 2:59 PM in response to Mollie M

With a tool that understands what's in the file, as the PSH extension is not one that Mac typically uses.

I've seen some Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripts use that extension (not sure how official that is), as well as reported usage by some ProShow and PowerDex slide show tools. Some versions of ProShow tools do have support for macOS and iOS, but I've not looked for details of that nor looked for macOS versions of the other tools.

What do you think is in that file?

Can you ask the sender what's in the file and what tool they used?

If the file arrived via unsolicited email attachment and/or if you don't trust the sender, I'd delete it.

if you're curious, maybe the Finder's Get Info mechanism will give some details, or you can launch Terminal.app from Applications > Utilities, and enter the command "file " (without the quotes, but with the trailing space) at the command line prompt, and then drag the file from Finder to the Terminal.app window and its prompt to cause macOS and Terminal.app to append the path to the exe.psh file onto the file command for you. Then press return. The file tool tries to figure out what's in the file, but doesn't always get it right.

how open exe.psh files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.