You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add email signature image and link it to a URL?

In Apple Mail for Mac High Sierra (OS X 10.13) how can I create a signature with an image linked to a URL? Thanks for a step-by-step.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2018 7:51 AM

I think I have a solution to the problem if anyone else is interested.

1. Go to Mail/Preferences/Signatures

2. Click + to add a new signature, and name it.

3. Click in right-side window and type desired text.

4. Select the text, and type Cmd/K to bring up link box.

5. Enter URL, and click OK.

6. Locate image to go with the text, and drag it into box below text.

7. Click once on image to select it (Selection won't be highlighted.).

8. Type Cmd/K again to bring up link box.

9. Enter URL that you want the image to link to (may be different than text link above).

10. Click OK, and you're done.

PS My problem was I was trying to work with an existing linked image in the Signature box. In that case, a single click took me to the link instead of selecting the image. When I started over with a new signature and an unlinked image, the step-by-step above worked fine. I just had to add some spaces to align the text and image to make it look better.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2018 7:51 AM in response to mputzel

I think I have a solution to the problem if anyone else is interested.

1. Go to Mail/Preferences/Signatures

2. Click + to add a new signature, and name it.

3. Click in right-side window and type desired text.

4. Select the text, and type Cmd/K to bring up link box.

5. Enter URL, and click OK.

6. Locate image to go with the text, and drag it into box below text.

7. Click once on image to select it (Selection won't be highlighted.).

8. Type Cmd/K again to bring up link box.

9. Enter URL that you want the image to link to (may be different than text link above).

10. Click OK, and you're done.

PS My problem was I was trying to work with an existing linked image in the Signature box. In that case, a single click took me to the link instead of selecting the image. When I started over with a new signature and an unlinked image, the step-by-step above worked fine. I just had to add some spaces to align the text and image to make it look better.

Jun 20, 2018 3:34 PM in response to mputzel

Do you know how to create a signature?

If so, go into the Preferences, open the signature(s) you want to work on.

Create the signature, then copy an URL, go back to signature, highlight the text, press Option-K, paste in the URL, click OK.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

You don't need to do the next, but this is showing you what is happening. I chose the URL for your thread.

User uploaded file

You end up with this and then it will be clickable in your sig line in your Mail.

User uploaded file

Jun 20, 2018 3:41 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Thank you, Sparkleberry. That helps, but what I'm trying to do is add a small image to the signature and link that to a URL as well as the text. I had the image in there but couldn't find a way to select it in order to add the link. I tried dragging an image from an existing email that had a linked image, but that didn't work. I've got an image in there now, but every time I single click on it to select it, it takes me to the URL that was linked to the image before the import. I can't edit or delete it in order to add a new link. Cmd K doesn't seem to do it. Any other suggestions? I do appreciate your help.

How to add email signature image and link it to a URL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.