Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Ringtones From iPhone

Greetings,

I am in search of a way to remove ringtones from my iPhone 7. I've tried numerous methods, but most seem outdated or just don't match what I am seeing on my screen. I am using iTunes 12.7.5 for Windows 10. I've already attached my phone to my PC via lightning cable, manually deleted the selected tones from the phone, and then clicked "Done". After I eject my phone, the majority of the tones I removed seem to remain despite my efforts. Most of the tones that are displayed before I removed them from iTunes were light grey and had the circle with broken lines on the left of them. Some of the tones just had very long combinations of numbers and letters for the file name. When I reattach my phone to my PC, the tones I removed are back again and nothing seems to have changed. At this point, I'd really like to remove all tones/ringtones that are on my account, but I don't see a way to do that.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 20, 2018 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2018 10:07 AM

See the Removing hidden tones section of Create and manage ringtones in iTunes.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Deleting Ringtones From iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.