Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home and Lockscreen uses too much battery on my 6s iPhone(ios11.4). How to correct?

Home and Lockscreen were on 3.7 hours and used up 75% of battery in 1 day. iPhone is 6s, iOS 11.4. How can I reduce usage?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4, new battery

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 6:16 PM

Hi ​Jfwnlv,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing Home & Lock Screen consuming a large amount of battery on your iPhone 6s. I know it's important to get the most from your battery; I'd like to help. First, take a look at the information below:

Home & Lock Screen. This indicates that the Home screen or Lock screen was displayed on your device. For example, the display was awakened by pressing the Home button or by a notification.

If an app frequently wakes your display with notifications, you can turn off push notifications for the app in Settings > Notifications. Tap App and set Allow Notifications to Off.

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

You may also want to check to see if you have Raise to Wake enabled, which may also contribute to the usage you're seeing: ​ Use Raise to Wake on your iPhone

Best Regards.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2018 6:16 PM in response to Jfwnlv

Hi ​Jfwnlv,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing Home & Lock Screen consuming a large amount of battery on your iPhone 6s. I know it's important to get the most from your battery; I'd like to help. First, take a look at the information below:

Home & Lock Screen. This indicates that the Home screen or Lock screen was displayed on your device. For example, the display was awakened by pressing the Home button or by a notification.

If an app frequently wakes your display with notifications, you can turn off push notifications for the app in Settings > Notifications. Tap App and set Allow Notifications to Off.

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

You may also want to check to see if you have Raise to Wake enabled, which may also contribute to the usage you're seeing: ​ Use Raise to Wake on your iPhone

Best Regards.

Home and Lockscreen uses too much battery on my 6s iPhone(ios11.4). How to correct?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.