Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

problem with my Macbook battery

245 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 5, 2007 12:04 PM by Gregory Mcintire RSS
Problem with my battery Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 5, 2007 11:28 AM
My computer battery having a problem. Every month one or two time I use my battery until the power all gona and rechange again until full to 100%. But, after that I'm using AC power all the time. How come at the time when I using AC power and my battery only 99% ? Should I need to get battery ?
MacBook2,1, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Gregory Mcintire Level 4 Level 4 (2,170 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2007 12:04 PM (in response to Problem with my battery)
    No, that does not indicate a need for a new battery. Apple has designed your Mac to charge the battery and then stop once it is fully charged. It will start charging it again if/when the charge level drops to 95%.

This is to keep from constantly charging the battery every time it drops a tiny amount, and is for the purpose of making your battery last longer.
    2GHz Macbook Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.