Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with my Macbook battery

My computer battery having a problem. Every month one or two time I use my battery until the power all gona and rechange again until full to 100%. But, after that I'm using AC power all the time. How come at the time when I using AC power and my battery only 99% ? Should I need to get battery ?

MacBook2,1, Mac OS X (10.4.6), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Feb 5, 2007 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2007 12:04 PM

No, that does not indicate a need for a new battery. Apple has designed your Mac to charge the battery and then stop once it is fully charged. It will start charging it again if/when the charge level drops to 95%.

This is to keep from constantly charging the battery every time it drops a tiny amount, and is for the purpose of making your battery last longer.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2007 12:04 PM in response to Problem with my battery

No, that does not indicate a need for a new battery. Apple has designed your Mac to charge the battery and then stop once it is fully charged. It will start charging it again if/when the charge level drops to 95%.

This is to keep from constantly charging the battery every time it drops a tiny amount, and is for the purpose of making your battery last longer.

problem with my Macbook battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.