Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the link to download OS X 10.10.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 24, 2018 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2018 1:43 PM

If you’re on 10.4.11, there isn’t one.

If you’re on 10.6.6 or newer, log into the Mac App Store with an Apple ID previously used to download it and click on the Purchases tab, or skip it and upgrade to El Capitan or High Sierra instead.

(161872)

15 replies

Dec 29, 2018 12:37 PM in response to Niel

Here's a nice *news flash*. Apple does not have 10.10 available for DL, or sale, but I can burn some fossil fuel, truck my little butt to the closest Apple Store and have a tech install it...after waiting a week for an appointment

Very Environmentally Friendly and absolutely beyond any logical understanding in my realm.

I'll find a copy in a local garage sale.

Oct 5, 2018 11:20 PM in response to Allan Eckert

You need it if a previous upgrade to El Capitan causes your optical drive to malfunction or completely disappear and you previously skipped Yosemite to upgrade from Lion to the maximum OS available for your vintage machine so that your vintage Video equipment with firewire I/O can still access firewire I/O on your iMac, for example.

And all of that is only ONE of many reasons why so-called "obsolete" software and hardware, though "outmoded" is still useful. I specifically cite my collection of 10 Canon XL series (XL1, XL1A, XL1s, and XL2) Camcorders that require downloading from TAPE! That's right, Digital TAPE!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.