Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Units not working in Garageband 10.3.0

I just updated Garageband to verison 10.3.0 and all third party Audio Units don't load any more.

It seems to be a Garageband issue since all AU third party plugins are unable to load. Is it a security setting?

The message reads:

The Audio Unit "XXX" could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated...

How can I restore the AU synths and FX to make them work in GB again?

I'm using a MacBook Pro with the latest OS (High Sierra 10.13.5).

Thanks,

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5), Audio Units not working

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 8:13 AM

For the time being I would downgrade again to GarageBand 10.2, if you need your audio units.

Do you have a Time Machine backup of GarageBand 10.2? then restore your Mac from Time Machine to the way it has been before you installed the update. Otherwise you would have to wait for updates to your Audio Units, that makes them compatible with GarageBand 10.3.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2018 8:13 AM in response to Varguis

For the time being I would downgrade again to GarageBand 10.2, if you need your audio units.

Do you have a Time Machine backup of GarageBand 10.2? then restore your Mac from Time Machine to the way it has been before you installed the update. Otherwise you would have to wait for updates to your Audio Units, that makes them compatible with GarageBand 10.3.

Audio Units not working in Garageband 10.3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.