Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX High Sierra Installation Does Not Conclude After Restart

Hello,

I have a mid-2013 Macbook Pro running El Capitan and I have been tried to install OSX High Sierra numerous times. Today it got as far as finishing the download and saying the computer may be restarted several times. It hung during restart, so I hard rebooted it and the installation did not conclude. Anyone know how to get this installation to resume where it was and finish? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 5:32 PM

Look for the installer app in your Applications folder. Double-click on it to restart it. Before you do that, however, I suggest you repair the disk drive:

Repair the Disk Drive

If possible backup your files.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
  3. When Disk Utility loads select the volume (indented entry, usually Macintosh HD) from the Device list.
  4. Click on the First Aid icon in Disk Utility's main window.
  5. Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
  6. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  7. Select Reboot from the screen's Apple menu.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2018 5:32 PM in response to jkrinsky

Look for the installer app in your Applications folder. Double-click on it to restart it. Before you do that, however, I suggest you repair the disk drive:

Repair the Disk Drive

If possible backup your files.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately after the chime hold down the CommandandRkeys until the Apple logo appears. When the Utility Menu appears:
  2. Select Disk Utility from the Utility Menu and click on Continue button.
  3. When Disk Utility loads select the volume (indented entry, usually Macintosh HD) from the Device list.
  4. Click on the First Aid icon in Disk Utility's main window.
  5. Click on the Apply button, then wait for the Done button to activate and click on it.
  6. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  7. Select Reboot from the screen's Apple menu.

OSX High Sierra Installation Does Not Conclude After Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.