Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error code -42110?

What is error code -42110? I get this when I try to download a purchased movie.

null-OTHER, Windows 10, PC

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 5:02 PM

Good morning TWPhoto QC,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are getting an error message when trying to download a purchased movie in iTunes for Windows. This is most likely due to an issue with the SC Info folder in the iTunes application. Try the steps outlined in the resource below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases

Remove the SC Info folder in Windows
  1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter
    %ProgramData%
    , then press Return.
  4. Show hidden files:
    Windows 10: Click View, then select "Hidden items."
    Windows 8: Click View, then click Options. On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
    Windows 7: Click Organize, then click "Folder and search options." On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  5. Open the Apple Computer folder, then open the iTunes folder.
  6. Right-click the SC Info folder and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Open iTunes.
  9. Try to authorize your computer again. If you have multiple Apple IDs, authorize your computer for each Apple ID.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, then I would suggest removing the iTunes application (this will not affect your library), and downloading iTunes from the Microsoft Store. Be sure to make a backup of your library and computer before making significant changes to it.

Manage and back up your iTunes media library

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later​

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows

If you have Windows 10, you can also get iTunes from the Microsoft Store.

Take care.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 5:02 PM in response to TWPhoto QC

Good morning TWPhoto QC,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are getting an error message when trying to download a purchased movie in iTunes for Windows. This is most likely due to an issue with the SC Info folder in the iTunes application. Try the steps outlined in the resource below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the link for complete details.

If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases

Remove the SC Info folder in Windows
  1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter
    %ProgramData%
    , then press Return.
  4. Show hidden files:
    Windows 10: Click View, then select "Hidden items."
    Windows 8: Click View, then click Options. On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
    Windows 7: Click Organize, then click "Folder and search options." On the View tab, select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives."
  5. Open the Apple Computer folder, then open the iTunes folder.
  6. Right-click the SC Info folder and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.
  7. Restart your computer.
  8. Open iTunes.
  9. Try to authorize your computer again. If you have multiple Apple IDs, authorize your computer for each Apple ID.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, then I would suggest removing the iTunes application (this will not affect your library), and downloading iTunes from the Microsoft Store. Be sure to make a backup of your library and computer before making significant changes to it.

Manage and back up your iTunes media library

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later​

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows

If you have Windows 10, you can also get iTunes from the Microsoft Store.

Take care.

Error code -42110?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.