Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green dot in iphone X

in the pictures that I take with the sun in the picture there is always a green dot. This is from day one. Yesterday I took it to Apple store. They changed the camera at no cost. Under warranty. I just took pics again and the green Dit still there. Apple told me that it happens. If I would have known this I wouldn’t have paid so much money for a iphone X and would have kept the iphone 7. For Me this is major flaw

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2018 2:02 AM

Is that camera in the Apple store ? I have not seen it. If the camera that comes with IPhone X has a defect and there is an aditiaonal cost that can be purchased form Apple, it should be mentioned when you buy the phone to start with.

Not useful. I expect Apple to give me a proper response to a defect in the design of the lenses of the camera of the most expensive phone ever.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2018 2:02 AM in response to Branta_uk

Is that camera in the Apple store ? I have not seen it. If the camera that comes with IPhone X has a defect and there is an aditiaonal cost that can be purchased form Apple, it should be mentioned when you buy the phone to start with.

Not useful. I expect Apple to give me a proper response to a defect in the design of the lenses of the camera of the most expensive phone ever.

Jun 27, 2018 6:48 PM in response to Lyssa

Gravity is also physics and we manage to make machines that defy it ( fly). I expect from a premium phone not to have a flaw like that. I didn't have any similar problem with the other iphones I had and I don't have a green dot with my other cameras, mostly Nikon. I cannot imagine anybody from Leica, Nikon or Canon telling me that I cannot take a picture with the sun on it unless I am happy getting a green dot. And definitely they wont tell me that " it's physics". I understand glare, and other effects that you can get with complex lenses and you can actually even be creative about it. But definitely a green dot is a flaw of the lenses' design.

And regarding the link you suggested, not helpful , as I wont change the composition of my picture so the green dot is in the sun. I will have to use another camera

Green dot in iphone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.