Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple Care Plus Cover Water Damage?

When this warranty was purchased (with the phone), the Apple store verbally told us that water damage IS covered with Apple Care PLUS but we cannot see this explicitly in the paperwork or online.

I called Apple Support twice this morning. The first person confirmed it IS covered. I called back within half an hour to ask if there was a deductible/charge for a replacement under the warranty and was told by that person that water damage is NOT covered.

So what is the correct answer? Where can I find this in writing so that when I go to the store there is no confusion? And what is the replacement deductible/charge if there is one?

Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 9:13 AM

With Apple Care Plus, there are two accidental damage deductibles. Water damage is not covered under warranty, but is covered as one of the accidental damage events, and is a lower deductible than what a regular out of warranty replacement would cost. See this, iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

The cost for the iPhone 6s would be $99 versus the $299. That is the phone you have listed in your profile.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 9:13 AM in response to Tarbock

With Apple Care Plus, there are two accidental damage deductibles. Water damage is not covered under warranty, but is covered as one of the accidental damage events, and is a lower deductible than what a regular out of warranty replacement would cost. See this, iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

The cost for the iPhone 6s would be $99 versus the $299. That is the phone you have listed in your profile.

Does Apple Care Plus Cover Water Damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.