Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activating iPhone after Erase

I have two iPhone 6s/6s+ and both were on their original native firmware until beginning of June this year. I got my first 6s in September 2016 and a second Plus in September 2017. I had "erase all contents and settings" on both devices at least 5 times each and I was always able to re-activate, even when I had forgotten to shut off "Find my iPhone".

The last time I erased my 6s+ was in March this year and it activated instantly. I had erased my 6s in February. Both devices were on their original firmware at the time.

I have heard about people not being able to activate when on iOS 9.3.3. Is this true or not?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.3.1, Was on iOS 9.3.3 since Sep 2017

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 3:05 PM

There are no replies.

Activating iPhone after Erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.