Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pair apple watch without erasing watch

good morning, is there a way to add my watch back to my iPhone without erasing the watch, I took my iPhone to apple and they did a dfu reset, and don't want to start again with the watch

Apple Watch Series 2, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 12:27 AM

Unfortunately you will have to start again from scratch. There is no user level way to extract the watch content, and it only supports pairing to a single iPhone so the watch has to be erased before you can pair to the new iPhone. The slightly better news is that you will probably not have as much work as you expect, your iPhone is likely to be backed up to your iCloud or iTunes and the watch will sync from most of its content from the phone during pairing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2018 12:27 AM in response to no2number2

Unfortunately you will have to start again from scratch. There is no user level way to extract the watch content, and it only supports pairing to a single iPhone so the watch has to be erased before you can pair to the new iPhone. The slightly better news is that you will probably not have as much work as you expect, your iPhone is likely to be backed up to your iCloud or iTunes and the watch will sync from most of its content from the phone during pairing.

pair apple watch without erasing watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.