Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 7.2 via Linux

I'm just curious if anyone uses Logic Pro on a Linux based system. I am very happy with my Dell PC, but I really want to be able to use Logic. I have a large hard drive, and could easilly partition and boot to Linux with a Mac shell, but especially seeing as Logic is so peripheral centered, I wanted to talk to anyone who has done it. Linux Logic, anyone?

Inspiron E1505 Windows XP

Posted on Feb 5, 2007 7:41 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2007 7:56 PM in response to Lobaster

I seriously doubt this could be done because logic uses many of the mac specific technologies such as core audio. One thing especially is that you would probably have to compile logic from source for linux, and it is obviously not open source.

But of course, if anyone did accomplish this, that would be truly amazing and I would like to know how in the world you did it.

Feb 5, 2007 8:37 PM in response to Lobaster

I'm just curious if anyone uses Logic Pro on a Linux
based system. I am very happy with my Dell PC, but I
really want to be able to use Logic. I have a
large hard drive, and could easilly partition and
boot to Linux with a Mac shell, but especially seeing
as Logic is so peripheral centered, I wanted to talk
to anyone who has done it. Linux Logic,
anyone?

There are so many things wrong with this. Mac isn't a shell. In fact, OSX doesn't run a linux kernel.

OSX != Linux.

However, the Vic20 is a perfect machine for Logic. You might need to upgrade to Logic 7.2.3.

Dual 1.8Ghz G5 PB G4 1Ghz LP7.1.1 RME FF800 Mac OS X (10.4.8) Reaktor 5.1.1 Reason 3.0.5 Live 5.0.2 Battery 3.0.1 Recycle 2.1 DFH 1.5.3

Logic Pro 7.2 via Linux

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.