Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Bootloop

Hello,

I was trying to reinstall High Sierra because for some reason my MacBook Air crashed. I tried to reinstall from recovery etc but that didnt work so i created a bootable USB with a High Sierra image. When it was trying to boot from USB my MacBook froze for atleast two hours with a black screen and Apple logo. So i pressed and hold the power button and tried to reboot but now its stuck on a sort of bootloop. When i power on i hear the boot sound chime, screen stays black without anything, after 3 seconds i hear the boot sound chime again and this keeps repeating untill the end of time...

Ofcourse ive searched the internet for solutions and tried all of the key combinations but without succes.

Does anyone knows a solution without bringing the MacBook to an repaircenter?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 9:28 AM

Booting up to just the screen with an Apple logo ... and then, having the notebook restart over and over again could indicate any one or more of the following issues:

• A required service failed to load.
  • Stalled network services.
  • Selections in the Directory Access application.
  • The Mac is set to search for a particular server at startup and that server is not available.
  • Corrupt files and permission errors in the /System/Library
  • Corrupt or missing plist files in /System/Library/Preferences
  • A missing or corrupt EFI parition

Ofcourse ive searched the internet for solutions and tried all of the key combinations but without succes.

Did any of those include:

• Resetting the SMC?
  • Resetting the NVRAM?
  • Booting into Recovery Mode, and then, checking the system drive for errors?

If yes to all of the above, then yes you should take your notebook in to have it looked at.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2018 9:28 AM in response to xamro

Booting up to just the screen with an Apple logo ... and then, having the notebook restart over and over again could indicate any one or more of the following issues:

• A required service failed to load.
  • Stalled network services.
  • Selections in the Directory Access application.
  • The Mac is set to search for a particular server at startup and that server is not available.
  • Corrupt files and permission errors in the /System/Library
  • Corrupt or missing plist files in /System/Library/Preferences
  • A missing or corrupt EFI parition

• Resetting the SMC?
  • Resetting the NVRAM?

If yes to all of the above, then yes you should take your notebook in to have it looked at.

Jul 5, 2018 7:31 AM in response to Tesserax

• Resetting the SMC?
  • Resetting the NVRAM?

I've tried all of the above but unfortionatly without succes.

My MacBook is'nt actualy booting anymore, there is no Apple logo, only the startup chime over and over again.

Meanwhile i've searched the web but i couldnt find a working solution yet

MacBook Air Bootloop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.