Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The mobile watchdog a bit of a conundrum. Spyware that I didn’t put there, and I didn’t jailbreak? How did he get there

I’ve got the exact same stuff going on # verbatim! and I know for a fact that somebody has hacked into my stuff. A fact, do you know what watchdog is! Well I didn’t, other than it’s one of the logs it started up last night, just started to activate on the exact same crap he was talking about.**** I graduated from college in 91 before email was invented. I didn’t use this program on my children so where is it coming from. I thought it was possibly A virus, but everybody says The iPhone iPad whatever has to be Jailbroken I’ve never jailbroken why Androids are cheap buy one of those User uploaded file

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4, MacBook Pro, iPad iPhone and old Ma

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 12:43 PM

20 replies

Jun 29, 2018 3:47 PM in response to tj292

how about you try this.... back up the phone to iTunes.

use iTunes to completely erase the ipad.. when you set it up, set up as new, when it asks for your apple id say dont have one, and set that up later..

so new iOS installed, no apple id and the ipad is up and running.. then check your logs to see if that is still listed

its not on my phone so it will likely not be listed..

it could be part of your VPN app, or your password keeper or.. almost anything you have installed i dont.. and i am sure you have a few other apps to protect your privacy.

If you have the process running, then contact apple and have them provide that information directly while it is nothing but their software on it

Jun 29, 2018 1:11 PM in response to tj292

Are you talking about crash report? That’s what I’m seeing everything from I got something called Raven working I’ve basically just started everything again last night because there’s just way too much information, so I put it on the MacBook which I just started up fresh copy of everything the OS everything, I had a recall and so I had it at the Apple store and I told him just wipe that then clean User uploaded fileUser uploaded file. Because well I’ve been fighting this for a while I think, here I’ll show you

Jun 29, 2018 1:16 PM in response to tj292

User uploaded file This is why I came to that conclusion because you can see IP vanish here but that was the last seven days in the last day 24 hours I think is what it says, it’s been on the entire time but it’s not been on according to the battery It’s not even listed it hasn’t been on at all as far as the batteries concerned

Jun 29, 2018 1:35 PM in response to tj292

Okay, I see what you're looking at and you are seriously wasting your time. That is all stuff in the Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data area of your iPhone or iPad. The screen right before looking at this junk (which means nothing to anyone but Apple's engineers) is thoroughly explained. You did read this, yes?

User uploaded file

By default, sharing this data is off. In other words, it's all useless junk no one but you will ever see. And then only if a user bothers to look at it at all. Save your money and ditch the worthless IPvanish.

As far as My Mobile Watchdog, you may not have installed it, but someone did. It can't get there by itself. You can call it spyware if you like (since that's kind of what you're doing), but it's meant to be an app for parents to keep track of where their kids are, and what they're up to.

Jun 29, 2018 2:40 PM in response to tj292

What a mess it wouldn’t let me send the file from files or notes or even tried Google but it lets me take pictures of all this so that’s what I did User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded filese are different protocols that are happening win the operating system starts up, demons, so once there is a response from the CPU that means whatever that processes, is actually engaged that means that program or software or whatever it is is running, is that a correct statement. Well you can see where I’ve got a problem when you start reading The names of these processes, so that’s been my concern. I can certainly see the results, Of these various processes, based upon these logs, I sent you the entire file of all them. So maybe kick around if youto do but I surely appreciate it User uploaded file

Jun 29, 2018 3:33 PM in response to tj292

I think I have tracked it down I didn’t really know what all that meant but I know how to read so here’s what I came up with after I look at every single one of those processes that starts with the CPUs actually running, so it looks like this thing is been what do you call it jailbroken, I didn’t do it I don’t know how that I got jailbroken but it is apparently and I’ll sh so the first one here they’re talking about stealing sockets using wire shark I don’t use wire shark I know what it is, so that’s kind of a bit of concern, User uploaded fileow this guy here would seem to indicate that the iPad is jailbroken I don’t know how but I guess it is, because this is actually a process that using part of the CPU and from my understanding it just vomits out everybody you called in the last day, I certainly didn’t put it there, I didn’t know what the **** it was I pressed on it and Google it and that’s what it is you why I think thatUser uploaded fileGuys I’ve never put Cody on an iPad so I don’t know why this is apparently jailbroken I know what this is because I had a stepdaughter living here and she had could get into this iPad why would she want to she had an Xbox from my understanding busting open an iPad takes a fair amount of work. I don’t get it: How?what would be the purpose of it. I certainly didn’t do it but it’s been done according to Google well Up here^ So apparently, I don’t really know how to go forward, would somebody please help me get out of this problem I’ve got to lose the iPad fine I guess, but is soon as it started transferring over the MacBook which was clean to my knowledge is really kind of where I’m at, because I don’t destroy the MacBook Pro. It just got back and I haven’t figured out what I want to touch pad between the top of the keyboard on the screen. So if anybody can help me out going forward I would appreciate it

Jun 29, 2018 1:01 PM in response to tj292

This is part of the reason why I bought the VPN IPvanish no big deal 20 bucks every three months or something certainly not James Bond level, but I thought might stuff wasn’t secure, The first time I really looked at the logs, what is a persistent connection and it is using arm 64, which is embedded, and I’m pretty sure it’s turning off IP vanish, and I say this because well it says that in the log report and when I go to the battery usage except for the first day that I had this VPN I can see that it worked, now it says it working but it’s not using any battery, unlike it used to. It would list right there under the battery, how long it been on, how long It had been running in the background. Now it’s not even on the list. But the app seems to think it’s running. It’s not running and it’s got some weird rules so like when I go to IP vanish it turns on, I found where that rule was written and I didn’t put it there. But every time I double check on their website it’s all of a sudden on, and I found the rule. The mobile watch dog thing is way over-the-top though. You can’t really deny it and I didn’t put it there,

Jun 29, 2018 1:49 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

1972 really, I don’t seem to recall email that because, I had a black-and-white television Gilligans island used to come on channel 39 At 3:30 after school, it was one of only five channels. I don’t remember email but you’re probably right, I was responding to this guy, should be easier do this, don’t really know about this iPad, and I don’t really want to start the MacBook Pro up if it’s all messed up, and I’m starting to lean that way. I didn’t see your question at first well I can’t send the picture of the conversation that I was responding to here but I’ll do that at the bottom.

Jun 29, 2018 1:55 PM in response to tj292

I appreciate all the help because well I think my MacBook Pro is got his last free trip to the Apple Store and so I’m not real crazy about just having a $1700 paperweight. There’s some things going on here that are quite right I don’t know how to explain them exactly but I can tell you that’s true.

Jun 29, 2018 7:36 PM in response to Greg B32

The thing with mobile watchdog is it is not an app or software on the device. It is a service. You create an account to use the service, then you register devices to the service. To do that, you must know the AppleID and password each device uses with iCloud, as the service scans the iCloud backup for activity. You must also disable two factor authentication in each AppleID used with the service.

From the My Mobile Watchdog faq:

To configure an Apple product you will need the following information.

1. Your child's mobile number

2. Your child's iCloud ID and password

3. Your child's device must be connected to iCloud with Back Ups turned on and current. On your child's device you can see this under Settings>iCloud>Back Up

4. Two-factor authentication must be turned off on the child's iCloud ID

**There is not an app to install for iPhone**

So if you don’t share your AppleID and password with anyone, and you use two factor authentication, nobody can register your device with the service without your consent and knowledge.

My mobile watchdog seems to me to be a highly regarded and well reviewed parental minitoring software for iOS and Android. It is not malware and it does not allow use of the service anonymously or without peoples consent or knowledge. It even sends daily notifications about itself to all montored devices - again, form their FAQ

Yes, your child will know they are being monitored.

For children with Android phones, you will need to install an app on the phone. There is a visible My Mobile Watchdog icon on your child’s phone and we display a message daily.

So this is not malware, or a hack or anything malicious. Nothing is actually installed on an iOS device. Protect your AppleID and password and nobody can sign you up for the monitoring service surreptitiously.

One can only assume that the OP neither used two factor authentication, and has allowed their AppleID password to be known to others, and so someone signed up their device(s) with the service.

The mobile watchdog a bit of a conundrum. Spyware that I didn’t put there, and I didn’t jailbreak? How did he get there

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.