Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.7.5.9 won't save multiple iphone 8 backups how do I do this?

On older versions other computers of mine, the itunes allowed me to keep multiple iphone backups, now this newest version does not do that, it keeps replacing, for my own reasons, I would like to keep multiple backups. Is there a procedure to do this now/make it happen with the most uptodate itunes and iphone 8?

Posted on Jun 30, 2018 2:16 PM

10 replies

Jun 30, 2018 2:29 PM in response to Newmacuser52

Backups that have been used to restore a phone will not be erased or replaced automatically.

Those backups will have a timestamp next to the name of the phone.

You can archive a backup to keep it from being overwritten.

Go to iTunes/Preferences/Devices, locate your backup, right click on it and choose "archive".

After that, your backup will be marked with a timestamp as well and not be overwritten.

Jun 30, 2018 6:46 PM in response to Chris CA

Thanks, I did follow and do the folder with that backup but it does not show up in the itunes preferences. I renamed it several different ways but its confusing as it says" then copy and paste an existing backup folder set in C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup and then give it a folder name that ends in -yyyymmdd-hhmmss" and i put in 20180630-hhmmss and still nothing, even left original name, and neither shows up.... so I am some kind of idjit as I don't know how else to do this.

itunes 12.7.5.9 won't save multiple iphone 8 backups how do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.