Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do to stop my iOS device from automatic restart

My iPhone 8 restarts automatically,mostly when I have a call without the earpiece and that means I can’t make calls without the earpiece .

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 10:15 AM

If the device is automatically restarting when you are in a call, that behavior is not normal. Not knowing what troubleshooting you have already tried, I would recommend making a current backup of the phone and restoring it to that backup and testing. If the phone restarts again when in a phone call, then restore the device to factory, and set it up as new, not using a backup. Test the phone without adding any additional content and see if you can duplicate the restarting. If it does, then it would sound to be a hardware error. Make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store and have the device checked by Apple and explain your problem. They will explain your options from there.

And you are not reaching Apple here. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2018 10:15 AM in response to Obed47

If the device is automatically restarting when you are in a call, that behavior is not normal. Not knowing what troubleshooting you have already tried, I would recommend making a current backup of the phone and restoring it to that backup and testing. If the phone restarts again when in a phone call, then restore the device to factory, and set it up as new, not using a backup. Test the phone without adding any additional content and see if you can duplicate the restarting. If it does, then it would sound to be a hardware error. Make a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple store and have the device checked by Apple and explain your problem. They will explain your options from there.

And you are not reaching Apple here. This is a user to user support forum, and Apple does not participate here.

What do I do to stop my iOS device from automatic restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.