Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't edit contacts on Iphone

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 11.4. When I edit a contact's information and save it, it reverts back to the original data. I can edit the same contacts info on iCloud and it works there, but does not sync with my phone. How do I resolve this issue?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 10:33 AM

Did you try to disable syncing contacts in Settings/iCloud on your phone, after you made sure, that the info in iCloud is correct?

You will be asked if you want to keep the info on the phone, when you disable this in the iCloud settings on your phone.

If you are sure, that you have the latest and correct contact info in iCloud, tap on "No".

Restart the phone and enable syncing contacts from iCloud again. Then try again to edit the info on your phone.

Any restrictions set up in Settings/General/Restrictions?

If yes, disable them and see if this has been the reason.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2018 10:33 AM in response to Wjack9705

Did you try to disable syncing contacts in Settings/iCloud on your phone, after you made sure, that the info in iCloud is correct?

You will be asked if you want to keep the info on the phone, when you disable this in the iCloud settings on your phone.

If you are sure, that you have the latest and correct contact info in iCloud, tap on "No".

Restart the phone and enable syncing contacts from iCloud again. Then try again to edit the info on your phone.

Any restrictions set up in Settings/General/Restrictions?

If yes, disable them and see if this has been the reason.

I can't edit contacts on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.