Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to confirm iPhone GB Size

Does the Model number on the back of the iPhone 5s directly correspond with the size of the storage in it?

Model A1457 - Does this mean it is a 32GB iPhone 5s?

iOS 11

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 3:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 4:34 AM

The model number on the back of the iPhone does not tell you the storage size. The link below will take you to Apple's 'Identify my iPhone model' page where it will explain what each phone is with its different model numbers.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Alternatively, you can check your devices storage size by going to settings>General>iPhone Storage. This will then take you to a page which shows your storage used from how much storage your device has (For example my phone says 16.1GB used of 32GB).

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2018 4:34 AM in response to Rashdude

The model number on the back of the iPhone does not tell you the storage size. The link below will take you to Apple's 'Identify my iPhone model' page where it will explain what each phone is with its different model numbers.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Alternatively, you can check your devices storage size by going to settings>General>iPhone Storage. This will then take you to a page which shows your storage used from how much storage your device has (For example my phone says 16.1GB used of 32GB).

Hope this helps.

How to confirm iPhone GB Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.