Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is "My Fast PC Client.app"? What is it used for and how" Is this business or personal?

What is "My Fast PC Client.app"? What is it used for and how" Is this business or personal?

iMac, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 11:17 PM

18 replies

Jul 6, 2018 9:34 AM in response to barbarafromsandy springs

Hi Barbara,

that is remote access software for clients only. If you are not a member of My Fast PC technical support then I am not sure how that software ended up on your computer. It may be that you connected with one of our technicians in the past. If you are having trouble removing it then please give us a call.
If the software is My Faster PC (who has copied our name and is not a legitimate service), then yes, that is scamware.

Thank you!

Jul 6, 2018 1:32 PM in response to erikfromprovo

erikfromprovo wrote:

Hi Bob,

We are not a third party app/software that cleans the computer. That is My Faster PC.

While we perform that service for our members, our main service is 24/7 tech support for paying clients, as well as antivirus protection, data backup, identity theft protection and restoration services, and more.

What virus' does your service protect against?

Jul 6, 2018 1:57 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi Bob,

We offer standard antivirus software with an up-to-date index against all the latest malware. But our service is not an antivirus software. Our service package is multifaceted as we offer for our customers technical support via phone/chat, data backup, identity theft and protection, computer optimizations, and a learning center.

In short, we are a technical support team for consumers. Our name is unfortunately often confused with the "My Faster PC" software.

I hope this helped.

Jul 6, 2018 2:39 PM in response to barbarafromsandy springs

We offer services on the consumer level.

This software allows us, after being granted access by our customers, to remotely connect to their computer to fix whatever technical issue they are having. It's quite normal in the technical support industry on both a consumer and business level.

If you are not a My Fast PC member, regardless if this is our software or not, I would uninstall the software and then run a full system scam to make sure your computer is free of malware.

I hope this helps Barbara!

Jul 6, 2018 3:16 PM in response to Yer_Man

Our customers sign up for a variety of reasons, mostly for the comprehensive package. Some want identity theft protection and restoration. Some want a live person to help them 24x7. Some want the data backup. Some want the quarterly computer checkup and clean. That's their decision as a consumer.

While I'm happy to help Barbara, I think I'm finished with the others in this discussion that are obviously trolling.

Jul 6, 2018 3:26 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Again, that software, if actually our's, is remote access software which allows us to connect with our customers. It is not antivirus software but we do offer that with our membership.

As I instructed Barbara, she should uninstall that software and run a full computer scan for malware. I suspect she downloaded something that masks their software as our company so that when people search online they find a legitimate tech support company.

Hence, all the confusion today.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.