Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuffit .sitx file problem

Hi

I've done a upload of a compressed file, called test.sitx to my webhosting server.My friend and I download the file to check if all is ok. He use a Windows PC and I use a Mac with Mac OSX 10.4.8. We both use the same DSL internet in the same house. The download comes from my Webhosting Server, and we both click the same link on the same website. My friend got on his PC the normal Download and the file name is: "test.sitx". On my Mac, the Safari open it in the Browser as a text Html. Or, as ctr click, Safari download the file as "test.sitx.txt" to my computer. I had to delete the .txt in the file name, that Stuffit application recognize it as a Archiv.

I write to technical Support of Allume and they reply:

In that case, I am not entirely certain what is wrong. But, I can tell you for certain, that, when a particular file downloads as a .txt file, rather than as the file type it is supposeed to have, it has something to do with incorrect handling of MIME settings; It has nothing to do with how Stuffit saves its files, or how they are named. I would suggest that you maybe reset Safari and/or try another browser (like Firefox). Otherwise, there is nothing else I can suggest. <<br>
Powerbook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Feb 6, 2007 2:00 PM

2 replies

Stuffit .sitx file problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.