Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back pictures fom Icloud

I have enabled Icloud Photo Library and optimized Iphone Storage as well. But then I did was disablw the Icloud Photo Library and it asked me that all the low resolution pictures on my phone will be lost and I clicked Yes! Now almost 90% of my pictures are gone but when I checked Icloud.com I can see all of them are there. The question is, how can I get back those pictures to my iphone without having to restore from an Icloud backup? Why wont it download the pictures when I enable ‘download and keep the Originals’

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 6:59 AM

you have to log into iCloud and enable iCloud Photo library with the setting to download originals rather than optimize photos

And in the future when you are told that you are going to delete your photos I suggest you stop and do not approve it- your actions and approval caused this

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 6:59 AM in response to Alkoa

you have to log into iCloud and enable iCloud Photo library with the setting to download originals rather than optimize photos

And in the future when you are told that you are going to delete your photos I suggest you stop and do not approve it- your actions and approval caused this

LN

How to get back pictures fom Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.