Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect my Mac to my 4k Tv?

I have recently purchased the 2017 TCL 50 inch Tv, which supports 4k resolutions at 120hz. How can I project whatever im doing from my Early 2015 MacBook air to my tv at 4k resolution?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 9:45 AM

You need an adaptor from Thunderbolt/DisplayPort to HDMI, then you can use an HDMI lead to feed to the television. There may be one in the Apple Store, otherwise Amazon would be a good place to look. It works easily enough - you just plug it in and it mirrors the screen on the DV - I've done this with both my 2010 Macbook Pro and my 2014 iMac. You may find that because of the different aspect ratios the menubar and part of the Dock may fall off the screen. This may be adjustable in System Preferences.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 9:45 AM in response to Dr.Ayyy

You need an adaptor from Thunderbolt/DisplayPort to HDMI, then you can use an HDMI lead to feed to the television. There may be one in the Apple Store, otherwise Amazon would be a good place to look. It works easily enough - you just plug it in and it mirrors the screen on the DV - I've done this with both my 2010 Macbook Pro and my 2014 iMac. You may find that because of the different aspect ratios the menubar and part of the Dock may fall off the screen. This may be adjustable in System Preferences.

How can I connect my Mac to my 4k Tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.