Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i find division symbol on MacBook air

how do i find the division symbol on a mac book air laptop. ****it is NOT option / that brings up a + sign I found the answer once on a google search and it is different from MacBook PRO however I forgot and can not find the answer.... AGAIN option and / together bring up a + symbol on the MacBook air..... NOT division symbol

thank you

MacBook Air, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 7:17 PM

some additional information:

There is a liitle app called Keyboard Viewer on your Mac, where you should be able to discover all the symbols available on your keyboard. Note that keyboard symbols are not all the same, it depends on the language chosen by the user, and of course different languages have different keys, but back to the Keyboard Viewer;

If you haven't already done so, open System Preferences: Keyboard and select Input Sources, and from there select Show input menu in the menu bar.

From the flag now showing in the menubar, drop that down and select Show Keyboard Viewer.

There you can play with the Shift and Option keys or both at once, to see all the available symbols on your keyboard.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 7:17 PM in response to kerryjean

some additional information:

There is a liitle app called Keyboard Viewer on your Mac, where you should be able to discover all the symbols available on your keyboard. Note that keyboard symbols are not all the same, it depends on the language chosen by the user, and of course different languages have different keys, but back to the Keyboard Viewer;

If you haven't already done so, open System Preferences: Keyboard and select Input Sources, and from there select Show input menu in the menu bar.

From the flag now showing in the menubar, drop that down and select Show Keyboard Viewer.

There you can play with the Shift and Option keys or both at once, to see all the available symbols on your keyboard.

how do i find division symbol on MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.