Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock MacBook with Watch stopped working

MacBook Air Mid 2013

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

iPhone 7 os 11.4

Watch2 os 4.3.1

Auto unlock with Watch for my MacBook had been working fine. Out of blue, it stopped doing so. I've gone through the steps. Two factor authentication is on. Signed in to same Apple ID on MacBook and Watch. BT and WiFi on. I've restarted both devices. What the heck happened? When I check the box at marked System Preferences/Security & Privacy and check the box 'Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac' I only see a spinning wheel.

To further confuse the issue, this unlock feature is working on my Mac operation on High Sierra os 10.13.4

I wonder if I update to High Sierra if that will resolve the issue.... In the meantime, Unlock HAS worked and it should be able to work again with Sierra.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013)

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 4:02 PM

Hi Applegirl4ever,

Please update to High Sierra 10.13.5 to see if that fixes the problem. Remember to first login to the computer when you turn it on, and then you can put your computer to sleep or manually lock it. I'd walk away from it for 5 minutes and then come back to wake it up from sleep or unlock it from the lock screen.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2018 4:02 PM in response to Applegirl4ever

Hi Applegirl4ever,

Please update to High Sierra 10.13.5 to see if that fixes the problem. Remember to first login to the computer when you turn it on, and then you can put your computer to sleep or manually lock it. I'd walk away from it for 5 minutes and then come back to wake it up from sleep or unlock it from the lock screen.

Unlock MacBook with Watch stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.